Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hurray - it's Saturday!

The weekend is here and this is how I intend to spend every second of Ivy's wakeful time:

holding her close and kissing her every time she turns her face my way.

The week went very well and I only experienced one morning of exhaustion.  Getting up at 5:15 isn't as dreadful as I feared and my days are now much longer and richer.  

This weekend will be a fun one.  My cousins are in town and I'm looking forward to introducing Ivy to these people who mean so much to me.  Kevin is going to take Ivy swimming in the wading pool at their hotel while my cousins and I drink a few glasses of Riesling and stay away from barbed wire fences.

2 comments:

LindaO said...

Shawn, Kevin and Ivy - Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the sunshine! Shawn - I know it was hard to go back to work, but am certain that your time of reflection and joy will reap great rewards for librarians around SCLS.

Linda

Jeff Miller said...

Howdy happy family - just checking in to see how the crew is adjusting to the new world order of different parents at work. Glad to she you're all continuing to have bunches of fun. Jeff, Suz and HB