Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Daddy in the House!

So I've been taking care of Ivy for two days now while Shawn is at work, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Shawn has established good routines for Ivy, and I'm doing my best to keep everything moving along smoothly. Not that Ivy and I don't have our own special dad-and-daughter fun.

Every morning at breakfast I read her the autobiography of A. Little Monkey. Ivy especially likes this page:


Why, you might ask? Because later on she gets to re-enact this particular event!


I think she enjoys hanging upside down. . . don't you?


We're doing fine, I think -- if we continue the conceit of the little lamb, I suppose I'm the Papa Ram. But with an active little lamb like Ivy, there's no time to be gathering wool! Ouch, ok, that hurt. I hope I can get into the swing of this blog business; I'm a bit nervous following in Shawn's creative footsteps!

But for now, peace out from Dad and Ives!

3 comments:

Kersten said...

ooh ooh, ah ah ah!
I LOVE the open mouth upside down smile! Gives me a great angle at seeing THOSE TEETH! WOW! Ivy has been working hard. No wonder she likes to chew her chew chew toys.
Glad to hear everyone is getting into the "swing" of things! Ar ar.

marf said...

such a lucky girl to get some daddy and daughter time. maria got two months with le papa when i went back to work and i swear the kid is taller, smarter and cuter because of it!

Collie said...

Yo, Big Daddy K!!

I heard that Mama called the doctor and the doctor said that there were to be no more monkeys jumping on the bed!

I didn't hear that he said anything about upside down swinging, though.