Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby Zhivago


o.k. - I'll come clean and admit that I've never actually watched Dr. Zhivago in its entirety or finished the book.  I've attempted to sit down and watch the film.  I've had the best intentions.  But there's something about the orchestral score, the sweeping scenes of the Russian steppes and the images of Julie Christie in a fox fur hat riding in a horse-drawn sleigh that just lulls me right to sleep.  And, hey, since the movie is, like, an entire afternoon long that's one awesome nap. . .  But I just read the Wikipedia entry about Dr. Zhivago and feel totally caught up on the story.

I think that Ivy looks so contemplative in these photos from the past weekend.  the weather finally warmed up into the mid-30s and I granted Kevin his wish and allowed him to take Ivy outside to sit in the snow.  Ivy loves watching our big girl neighbors come home from kindergarten each day, so when she saw them outside making snow-people on Saturday she got very excited and wanted to watch them.  We bundled her up and took her outside, where she immediately got very shy - but she was a good sport and allowed us to prop her up in the snow for a few photos.  Here she is with one of the girls who she's loved to watch since the 2nd day that she came home to Madison (twin sister was playing behind us):

6 comments:

PandaLibrarian said...

You finally let Ivy outside! I'm so proud of you! She looks like she was having a good time.

The Digital Immigrant said...

Komarovski: Who are you to refuse my sugar? Who are you to refuse me anything?

marf said...

ok this is getting ridiculous. she is simply too adorable for me to focus on my work and y'all are going to have to bring her west so i can snuggle her.

pdxkatie said...

TOTAL Zhivago vibe! My favorite is Ivy plunked between the two snowpeople! So Sweet!

So Martha and I are dying to know if you received the oh so cute outfit from us? We want pictures!!!!!!!!

Also, Emme and Evan loved watching the Ivy eating video. When it finished, Emme kept making the more sign and now crumples up her yougurt cup a la Ivy.

Marjorie Foster said...

Ahhh we wish we were there to play with you. Okay but we can wait until it's not so cold outside (grinning sheepishly). Not too much longer and we'll be there for a month! Can't wait.

Hollis said...

yummmm!

" But I just read the Wikipedia entry about Dr. Zhivago and feel totally caught up "

That's exactly how I became a librarian- I just read the wiki- Who needs grad school?