Monday, January 26, 2009

Care to join us for dinner?


My mom pointed out that we spend a lot of our time feeding Ivy, thinking about what she's going to eat, preparing her delectable dishes and cleaning up after mealtimes.  And, as always, Mom is absolutely right.  Ivy enjoys food and happily tries everything we offer her.  Thanks to Jeanne-Jeanne Jumping Bean, we have the best bibs on the planet and her shirts stay nice and clean.  Ivy likes sitting in the booster seat that Cheryl gave her and, when she's not eating, she likes to play with the rainforest-scape that fits in her tray.  A lot of growth and development happens at mealtimes; she practices language and new words and often is very, very silly.  We have a baby dinner theater comedian in our house and we couldn't be happier.  This is how I get my amusement these days:

4 comments:

The Digital Immigrant said...

Liberate your inner child, Ivy!

And be careful, Mommy, or Ivy's first words might be "ruff, ruff, ruff!"

Stardancer said...

Who's silly? I think Momma was waaaay sillier than Ivy! Go Momma, Go!

Kersten said...

Pssst... Hey! Ivy!
It's your cous', Adalia. Hey, I watched your video with my Mom and we giggled and giggled, but I understood EVERY word you said, and believe me, I understand! It's taken me a couple days to hack into her computer to get back to you about this whole dinner thing. You've got a GREAT cover goin'! Keep it up! The cuter you are during dinner, the more food they will give to you (I know, I know, I'm preachin' to the choir.) Here's a good one though- after the turkey dinner and about half way through the mixed veggies, start signing "MORE FOOD" -- this is RIGHT in time for dessert and they'll be so impressed you might get two jars of blueberry cobbler! Stick with me kid, I'll show you the ropes my little chickadee!
I'm out-
Adalia

Markie Pendleton said...

I LOVE your video!!! It's almost like being there, complete with sound! What a happy mamma Ivy has!