Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Phooey, this cold weather

(Ivy is once again taking over the blog to deliver this short message about this week's weather report.)

27 degrees below zero?  Are you kidding me?  I'm never going to see the outdoors again.  It looks like I'm stuck inside with the cats, who don't seem to mind sleeping and occasionally waking up to bathe and eat.  But I'm a baby on the move.  I've got to experience life!  There's a whole frozen world out there that I'm itching to explore.  Oh, and if the news about the weather isn't bad enough, I just learned that the sub-zero temperatures have forced my Grandma and Grandpa B. to cancel their trip to see me.  Well that's just GREAT.  Wah!!

Brrr... o.k. - I get it.  I just stood next to the window and have decided that I'd rather put on my white velour cupcake track suit, snuggle under an afghan and read Kit Allen's books all day.  Mother, will you please bring my warm bottle and avocado chunks to me here in the living room?  I just can't bear to leave the warmth of my blankets today.

2 comments:

Marjorie Foster said...

Ahh and eek! Please keep warm you guys. I want to be able to see you when you finally thaw out in the summer time. Sending California's 86˚ weather your way. Oh wait sorry can't. Tee hee hee
Love Mimi

Kersten said...

Ivy,
I highly recommend reading SWIMSUIT over and over and over again (put SWEATER away for a while). We can pretend, right?
Oh, and did you crawl up into that chair all by yourself? Were you trying to find a fuzzy Edgar to snuggle?
Love you!
Auntie Kersten