Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nine months old and one week a family

Today is a special day; Ivy turns 9 months old and one week ago today Kevin and I were united with her in Detroit.  The last week has been a remarkable one and I'm still processing this amazing experience.  Thank you, Ivy, for helping me begin to see strengths that I never knew I had until I became your mom.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last few days:

Ivy loves squash!  And she has a cute little tongue!


Just chillin' in her pink track suit from Siena.  (We'll post some photos soon of Ivy in her sweet outfit from Clara, too!)  She looks like such a big girl in this picture.

Happy baby getting ready for our big trip to Target.

Smiley baby, getting ready for her first experience with Madison snow.


Thank you, everyone, for all your comments and support.  We definitely feel the love and I know that everyone's energy is helping make our transition a gentle and loving one.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I haven't had a chance to say congrats yet so...congrats! I'm so happy for you and you make a beautiful family! Here's to familyhood! :)

Unknown said...

Ivy is just precious and Steve and I can't wait to meet her.

Deb H. said...

Glad to see Shawn in some pictures. Ivy is just a cutie pie! I was at Target on Tuesday, sorry to miss you and the three pieces of luggage you must have had with you to get all the items for Ivy there! We at SCLS have LOL at that message!

Can't wait to finally meet Ivy.

Hollis said...

oh my- shawn I am still laughing! Your first expedition is suspiciously like our first trip to chicago- we were there 22 hours and had SEVEN outfits!

You guys are adorable, and I think we are all pretty lucky that you have taken time to include us in the wonder.