Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ivy's turn to post


Editor's note: Given that I'm buried by loads of adorable laundry that need folding and baby bottles that need scrubbing, I've asked Ivy to say a few words about what her life has been like for the past 3 weeks.

Dear Fans,
It is I, IVY!, and I have a few things to say.  Namely:
  1. I like squash.  And sweet potatoes.  And carrots.  I'm on a total beta-carotene kick right now and can see like, forever, in the dark.
  2. I like naps during the day.  Sleeping at night is for wimps.  I really must stay up and catch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to know what's going ON in the world. (My darn parents, though, cramp my style, man.  They insist on a "schedule" and an "appropriate" "bedtime."  Life begins AFTER 7pm, Dudes!  Seriously...)
  3. Cats are awesome.  Especially the chubby one who sleeps on the radiator all day.
  4. I look fabulous in red.  Violet, too.
  5. My father totally cracks me up when he lightly tosses the soft balls that Amy hand-knit at my tummy and toes.  Ah, he has stolen my heart.
  6. Mother is a push-over.  All I have to do is show her my neck that needs kissing and she totally melts and allows me to do whatever I please.  (I shall add this bit of information to my Book of Schemes.)
  7. I have been outside a grand total of 6 times since arriving in Madison.  Each time I am completely smothered by a "snow suit" and "shawl" and have yet to glimpse more than two seconds of Wisconsin sky.  I am told that I shall see the out-of-doors in May.  Until then, I shall remain indoors where I am very content with the books and quiet toys that my parents purchased for me and very, VERY content with the loud toys that my cousins (bless them!) have shared with me.
  8. I like pounding on things, `kay?  It's how I roll.
  9. My teething companion, Yummy Bug, is the most faithful and cheerful companion a 9 1/2 month old baby could ever have.
  10. Facial moisturizers are for geezers like my mother.  I must KEEP it REAL and rebel every time I'm slathered in all-natural balms and ointments.  (Unfortunately this happens several times a day.)  With all the fuss about "delicate skin" one would think that my parents would take a break from all the kissing.  And face-washing after all the above-mentioned squash meals.
  11. And finally... I've started pulling myself up in my crib.  Ha!  The world is mine!
That is all for now, Dear Friends.  I intend to drop in now and then to monitor the progress of this weblog and make sure that my parents are not sharing any embarrassing stories about me.  Things are pretty great here and I've settled into my new digs.  The three of us are a happy little family.

Love,
Ivy Kestrel

3 comments:

abcgirl said...

oh Ivy, you are already so eloquent! And no typos? Wow! Your parents are so lucky to have you! I can see that your parents have your safety as their top priority--shawls? cushioned table-edges? ointments? You must be as snug as a bug in a rug. I'm looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Collie said...

Cannot...resist...the...cuteness...

Stardancer said...

tIvy, my lamb, doesn't your Mama know that squash and sweet potatoes are extraordinary skin care products! Tell them to quit the ointment and leave the squash!