Saturday, April 25, 2009

First we walk. . .

. . . then we boogie

K-Daddy was out of town for an entire 30 hours last weekend. I was a little concerned about my first solo-parenting gig, but I didn't have to worry for long because my sister, niece and nephew spent the night with Ivy and me. We all had a blast and we ended the sister/cousin sleepover on a high note at a kids' disco at the Great Dane brew pub.

We started dancing at 11 am and didn't stop until nearly 2 pm! The event called for our most awesome 80s outfits, as evidenced by my totally new waver nephew:

My niece is a total rocker and said, "I knew that the disco was going to be fun, but I didn't know it was going to be SUPER FUN!"

And Ivy boogied herself right to sleep:


Here's a gnarly music video that we made of the dancing cousins. My nephew has a bass player's stance & attitude and the next time anyone needs a pick-me-up all one has to do is watch my niece's joyful dancing. Ivy loved bopping to the music and eating as many complimentary cheddar bunnies as she was able to charm from the brew pub staff.

1 comment:

Stardancer said...

Actually, that is much like dancing used to really be in the '80s. I love how the kids were just jammin' to the beat! Rock on, babies!!