Friday, November 5, 2010

It's been a while... and some news





I took a long break from blogging this summer. Kevin, Ivy and I enjoyed the season and we have wonderful memories of time spent with family and friends. We also spent time thinking about our family and realized that if we're having so much fun with one little girl that, well, we'd double our joy by adding another child to our family! We're thrilled to announce that we're adopting again and we're officially waiting for our second daughter, Lyla Willow, to join us in Madison. Like Ivy, Lyla was born in South Korea and she is now nearly 8 months old. We don't know when her passport and visas will be secured, but we hope to have her in our arms very soon. We'll keep everyone appropriately informed of the exciting turns of events in our family's life and we appreciate everyone sending positive, loving thoughts out into the universe, thoughts of Lyla with her forever family in her forever, loving, home.

I'm going to keep blogging here for a while, but I'm also planning another project that combines my family's stories with my professional passions. Stay tuned for many, many, more exciting adventures, fellow travelers!

4 comments:

abcgirl said...

she's a beauty! love that smile!! can't wait to meet her!

Markie Pendleton said...

I am already in love - as I'm sure you all are also. Can't wait to meet our little sweetheart! We are so lucky!!!

Amanda said...

Oh, she is precious! Congratulations to all of you!

Yvonne said...

Seriously can't wait to see her in your arms. Am so, so excited for all of you!!