Thursday, September 3, 2009

18 Months Old

Ivy turns 18 months old today. She continually amazes us with new words and insights and I learn so much from her. She teaches me to be patient and, above all, happy and joyful

We've been celebrating Ivy's 18 months for the past few days. One of the best ways to celebrate is by getting up early on Sunday mornings and swinging like a big girl on the swings at the Yahara Place Park. A year ago Ivy's Tia Lisa was here and we walked through this very same park on a foggy September night; mounted police officers silently emerged from the mist, exercising their horses and setting the tone for a magical weekend that we shared with a beloved friend. And, BTW, Lisa gave Ivy the sweet striped dress, er, tunic, that she's wearing in these photos.


Ivy and I spent the afternoon with crackers and crayons. We have luscious beeswax block crayons and I must admit that we were more interested in smelling these crayons than creating masterpieces with them.

Our girl is getting so big. I often have to look at photos from last winter to see how much she's grown and to realize how far we've come as a family.


3 comments:

Collie said...

I so love to see that beautiful smiling face! And I love the sassy hat too...

Jeff Miller said...

Happy 18-month milestone, Ivy! Love seeking your happy,smiling face... especially the first photo.

Kersten said...

Oh, my... what a growing girl. Changing so fast. Aunt Kersten needs a visit.
18 months is a biggy. I think this might be the official oreo birthday? Ask Mamma and Dadda.
Goes like this:
O REEEEE O. Over and over.
No?
Come visit Auntie Kersten.
We love you!