Sunday, May 31, 2009

A few moments of quiet reading

I've worked with children and families for my entire professional career and have written dozens of grants that help public libraries strengthen their early and family literacy programs. I live and breathe early literacy and I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time:



We have a tiny reader in our house! Ivy reaches for her books first thing in the morning and crawls into our laps many times during the day with her favorite titles. Repeated readings of Planting a Rainbow and The Very Hungry Caterpillar with her warm head tucked under my chin are moments of pure bliss. She makes her librarian parents very, very proud.

2 comments:

marf said...

it's exciting to see that all this stuff really does work.
welcome ivy to the beautiful world of books.

Kersten said...

Ahhh... Those quiet moments caught are excellent indeed.

I need to figure out how to transfer this video to my ipod to show off my smartie niece!