Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday girl!


Today is Ivy's first birthday and we celebrated all day long.

There were many moments of great joy and laughter.

Ivy had her first taste of cake - and frosting.

Grandma & Grandpa B. celebrated with us and gave Ivy some awesome new shakers.


And we ended our day with a trip to Tar-Jay where Grandma & Grandpa bought us a splendid new stroller!

Today was beautiful.  When it was time to sing Happy Birthday we called Grandma & Grandpa K. in Norfolk and skyped with Aunt Kersten and Cousins Adalia & Finnian in LaCrosse.  Ivy delicately touched the frosting on her cake and then put her fingers in my mouth.  She was thrilled with all her wonderful presents and her daddy is especially excited to try out the new stroller when the weather warms up later this week.  Today taught me that there is more space in my heart than I ever imagined; my heart continues to grow and I continually thank my little girl for teaching me about love and compassion.

6 comments:

Markie Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday, little lamb! I remembered (today is also my friend DuWayne's bd - 76!) and will be in Madison soon to give Ivy a great big hug and unlimited playtime! Love to everyone - such a big day to celebrate!
Markie

pdxkatie said...

Happy Birthday my dear girl! I am so happy your family could celebrate your special day - and what a family you have! All my love! Katie

marf said...

she's one already?! good lord the time has flown by. get in lots of snuggles because before long that superstar will be driving. (hopefully west to visit kates et moi!)

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday Ivy! So glad you and your parents enjoyed a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday Ivy Kestral! May your second trip around the sun be filled with joy, laughter, and many kisses. The Corning K's

Kersten said...

Hey, any birthday ending at Tar-Jay with a brand new stroller is a GREAT day!!
Hold on, Ivy, Daddy's gonna love that stroller!
I love the cake face! I'm counting the days until I can come eat cake with you!
I love you!
Auntie Kersten